Christopher,

Laura Rosen at MTA Bridges and Tunnels' Special Archive is a great
source for construction photos of Robert Moses' highway projects.  She's
out on vacation for the next couple of weeks, but her phone number is
646-252-7418.

Digital Metro New York is another good source, particularly for images
relating to the Bronx: http://cdm.metro.org:8080/index.php.  It has a
few photos of the Bruckner.

By the way, I did my master's thesis in historic preservation/urban
planning on the Cross-Bronx Expressway.  If you think it would be of
interest to you, I'd be happy to send you a copy of it on CD.

Good luck with your research; if I think of anything else, I'll let you
know.

Mike

Michael Caratzas

Research Department

New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission

One Centre Street, 9th Floor North

New York, NY 10007

(212) 669-7885 (tel)

(212) 669-7960 (fax)