“History of Barn Building in NY State"
A  Presentation by Randy Nash

Date:   June 14th,  2006  @  7PM
Place:    Cazenovia Public  Library

This presentation is a  historical and educational treat for anyone who loves
and appreciates barns and  the romantic rural community that they sustain.
The barn is a common  artifact that everyone is familiar with; we drive to the
country to view them  and they are favorite subjects for photographers and
painters.  Randy will  give us the background knowledge to look at them in a
different way.  The  barns of our state have evolved historically through several
eras and usages,  "which is written in the fabric of the building."
Randy Nash is well-known in the state  for his knowledge of NYS barns.  The
owner of New York State Barn Co.,  Inc., he has been studying and preserving
barns in the state for 25 years and  has personally worked on over 150
buildings.  He has lectured throughout  the state on the history and development of
barns for 15 years and has also  taught a barn history course at University
College.  A native of Pompey and  lifelong resident of NYS, he and his family live
in a Dutch barn converted into  an energy-efficient home in Cazenovia.
posted by:

Bill &  Joanne Casey
Casey Organic Dairy Farms
PO Box 36
1136 Berry  Road
Apulia Station, NY 13020

IF THE  COWS AREN'T GRAZING, THEN THEY'RE NOT ORGANIC