Three new presentations -- "The Jews of Sing Sing,"  "Rikers Murals Not Missing . . . (Yet?)" and "Rikers Island had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. . . and still does!" -- have been added to the web site of the New York Correction History Society and are now accessible from its home page at: www.correctionhistory.org

-- "The Jews of Sing Sing" is a 14-image spin-off from a multi-photo postcard announcing an April 25 lecture so entitled at Temple Emanu-El, Manhattan, by genealogist Ron Arons.

--- "Rikers Island had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. . . and still does!"  is a 40+ image presentation tracing 300 years of farming on Rikers Island.

-- "Rikers Murals Not Missing . . . (Yet?)" is a three-part presentation about murals at the island's former penitentiary:
        * a 31-image virtual tour,  section detail by section detail, of Anton Refregier's WPA mural "Home and Family."
        * a 33-image virtual art show of inmate murals in the ex-penitentiary's corridors, and
        * a look at a mural painted in its inmates' mess hall for a well-known movie. Can you name the film?

The new three-part presentation about "Murals Not Missing. . . (Yet?)" relates to and links with an earlier two-part presentation: "Rikers' Missing WPA Murals: Ben Shahn's rejected, Harold Lehman's removed."

Tom McCarthy
NY Correction History Society
general secretary/webmaster
www.correctionhistory.org