From John Rathbone at [log in to unmask]

Harden Furniture comes to mind!  And perhaps a NYS DEC Fish Hatchery is still in operation?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Bill Nechamen
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:21 PM
Subject: [NYHIST-L] Camden, NY?

Hello.  I recently drive through Camden, NY (Oneida County, north of Oneida Lake) for the first time and didn't realize that there is such a charming village in the midst of otherwise relatively run down little hamlets in this area near Tug Hill.  Camden has some beautiful Victorian homes and has the look of a place that once had quite a bit of wealth.

I tried a web search to find out what once went on there, and what goes on there now, and found little.  So here's a question:   what was the reason for the development of Camden, and do any primary economic activities still exist there?

Thank you.