Can anyone advise on the following. In the early 1830s, were men sent
to the New York Assembly elected for one-year or two-year terms?
Also, in what month during the year were these elections held, and
when did the terms actually begin?

I am writing a biography on Delaware County's William Butler Ogden,
who went on to fame and fortune building Chicago from 1835 to his
death in 1877. He served in the Assembly in 1834-35 at the behest of
the Albany Regency, to help promote legislative approval for building
the New York and Erie Railroad. I would appreciate any information or
references on this topic as well.

Jack Harpster