Update on The Dutch Barn in America Symposium

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 10:00am – 4:00pm, in the Dunckel/Spencer Dutch style barn owned by Paul Spencer, 105 Simons road, Ancramdale, NY.  Admission is free.  Brown bag lunches will be available ranging from $5.00 to $7.00.  Any one interested in bb lunch should notify Paul.  There is also an excellent deli just down the road.  Below are corrected directions to the site.  If you received your directions from the HVVA newsletter, they are missing an important road.

For a list of panelists, see our website at  http://www.nwdb2000.org/news.html

Directions to 105 Simons Road, Ancramdale, New York

FROM NEW YORK CITY AND POINTS SOUTH. Take the Taconic State Parkway north of Poughkeepsie to the Red Hook/Pine Plains exit. Go east on Route 199 to Pine Plains. Past the light, a little over a mile out of town, turn left onto Route 82 north (there’s a sign for Ancram). Stay on this about 4 miles until you reach the stop sign in Ancramdale. Take a left (you’re still on 82) and go 2.8 miles to Wiltsie Bridge Road. Turn right and follow this a mile and a half to a four-way intersection. Hang a sharp left onto Simons Road (a dirt road) and we’re the first house on your left. (Alternatively, if you’re coming from I-87, get off at the Kingston exit and follow signs for the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge. Once you’ve crossed you’ll be on 199 and you can pick up the directions from there.)

FROM
BOSTON AND POINTS NORTH. Take I-90 to the Taconic State Parkway. Go south to the Hudson/Ancram exit. Head south on Route 82 to Ancram. When you reach the flashing yellow light, take a left onto Route 7. Follow this 1.8 miles out of town to your first right, Simons Road. Turn right and follow this dirt road for half a mile. When you come out of the trees you’ll see the house on your right.

Please RSVP
to [log in to unmask] or 518-329-2616.