From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Yewdall's Mill

A resident of my town has asked me if Yewdall's Mill, featured in the folk
song, "The Girl From Yewdall's Mill," was real or fictitious.  The canal
song also mentions Fairmount and Phoenixville and Ginea Hill.  French's
Gazetteer lists Fairmount as a canal stop in the town of Camillus in
Onondaga County.  Phoenixville may be Phoenix in the town of Schroeppel in
Oswego County.  Neither French's nor Spafford's refer to Yewdall's Mill.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this place?

Mary Jo Lanphear
Town of Brighton Historian