  -----Original Message-----
  From: A LISTSERV list for discussions pertaining to New York State
history. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Dave Ruch
  Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 2:52 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Great Lakes & Erie Canal get-together

  ANNOUNCEMENT

  There will be an informal get-together to discuss Buffalo lakes & canal
history and folklore as follows:

  WHEN?  Tuesday, April 15, 2003 at 7pm
  WHERE?  Lower Lakes Marine History Museum, 66 Erie Street in downtown
Buffalo NY
  WHO?  Anyone who is interested (so far, looks to be a small but fun
gathering)
  WHAT?  We will swap tales, sing a few traditional songs from the lake
sailors and canawlers, and generally share knowledge & discussion on our
history here on the water

  This is the first of what may become occasional (monthly?) meetings.
Please feel free to pass the word along to any others who might be
interested.

  Thanks!

  Dave Ruch
  Buffalo NY
  Musician/Traditional & Historical Songs Enthusiast
  716-884-6855