In a message dated 12/18/2002 9:36:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

In 1969, St. Peter's rebuilt their front steps and found a crypt and body,
with gold military buttons, underneath.  It is believed to be the body of
Lord Howe.

Last year some of my reenactment troop were involved in the opening cerimonies for Tulip Fest on State Street.

After the streets got washed and swept we stopped in to pay our respects to Lord Howe at Saint Peters.

There is a plaque in the floor of the vestibule and a pamplet published by the church that gives a bit of the history.

A gentleman, the Deacon as I recall, was quite informative on the history of Howe. It was stated that little remained of the Lord when the remains were last moved. I am sure if you contact the church they would be able to supply what answers they can.

                               Kevin Richard-Morrow
                   Second Albany County Miltia, 1774 to 1783  - Recreated