In a message dated 12/16/2002 9:51:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Dave Starbuck will do WHAT right?  I know there have been advancements in
> forensic science, but what does anyone hope to accomplish by digging this
> poor girl up again!

One of the "word in the street" myths floating around lately on Ms. McCrea is
that she may have not been killed by her Amer-indian escorts, but shot by an
American sniper/rifleman. Perhaps an investigation would settle that, rather
dubious IMHO, idea. I would expect Starbuck to handle this with respect and
dignity.

For an idea of what the dead can teach us, Liston and Bakers article MILITARY
BURIALS AT FORT WILLIAM HENRY, gives an enlightening view. Those poor fellows
remains served as little more than a tourist attaction for so many years,
Jane can drop back to the 21st century for a few weeks. Let's see what she
has to say.

                              Kevin Richard-Morrow
                Second Albany County Militia, 1774-1783 (Recreated)