In a message dated 11/25/2002 3:33:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

I am told that some has been found in an
archaeological excavation of an old house site in Auburn and the CRM
article mentions its use in western NY.  I'd like to know more about its
use, temporal and spatial distribution, etc.

  I don't know if you are aware or not that the Nelson farrn house at Tour Stop 2 of Saratoga Historical Park has unfired brick nogging.

  The house has been moved about and restored during its 226 year history so I am unsure how much of the nogging is original. I know that it was repaired in the last ten years.

  I am sure the folks at the park would share what information they have.

                             Kevin Richard-Morrow