Hi,

Just received the query below from someone searching for photos of the Genesee Valley Canal. Can anyone help him? If you can, I have included his original communication so that you have his email address. Les Buell

Subj: Seeking Historical Photographs
Date: 11/22/02 2:10:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Mr. Buell:

Pam Lamont suggested I contact you.  I am trying to find pictures of the Genesee Valley Canal.  This was during the 1840's - 1870.

I realize photography was not very widespread but perhaps there are some pictures of people with the canal or structures associated with the canal in the background.

If you have any thoughts about where to look further it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark Brown