There are several completed Schoolhouse projects in Schoharie County. The Schoharie County Historical Society  - Old Stone Fort complex is home to a relocated school from the Oliver District in Summit.  The Sharon Springs Historical Society has moved a schoolhouse to its grounds. A man in Jefferson moved a Schoolhouse to his property and has done a remarkable job restoring and furnishing it.
Anne Hendrix
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Manaseri
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 6:46 PM
  Subject: Schoolhouse Preservation

  Greetings to the list-

  I am doing research on one-room schoolhouse preservation projects and am interested in finding as much firsthand information about such efforts across the state as possible.  My project focuses on greater Finger Lakes area as a start and I have found contacts for the following:

  Ansley Schoolhouse - Geneva
  McDougall Schoolhouse - Romulus
  Barrington #4 in Dundee
  Overacker's Corners in Middlesex
  King Ferry
  Honeoye Falls
  Childs Cobblestone
  Chili Cobblestone
  8 Square in Ithaca
  Avon at Genesee County Museum in Mumford
  Punky Hollow in Springwater
  Shaksboro in Baldwinsville

  I am looking for contacts information on others including
  Marbletown
  Town of Benton
  Side Hill
  Newfield
  Marathon
  Cato?
  Cazenovia
  and any others?

  Any leads anyone can provide Finger Lakes or otherwise would be appreciated.
  Thanks.

  Chris Manaseri
  Syracuse University CFE student
  315-585-4496