List,
How about a third fuzzy recollection of the elms. I grew up in Ticonderoga
and remember them spraying the trees. Your mother kept you in the house for
an hour or so afterwards becasue the trees dripped for that long. I do not
recall ever seeing the bands on the trees, maybe that was an area thing.
Just the spraying and the taking down of the ones that didn't make it. I
remember the grownups being slightly annoyed that the spray was not "user
friendly" to paint on porches, houses or automobiles. Guess that should have
ben a preview as to what Agent Orange would be like.

Rolland Miner
Director
NWDB Survey 2000
http://nwdb2000.homestead.com/home.html