I am doing some family history research and have uncovered a reference to the County of Cumberland, in New York Province.

This is from the United Empire Loyalist claim of an ancestor, and dates to just after the Revolutionary War, c.1779, the ancestor would have lived there approx. 1766-1786.

I have been unable to find any references to this area.

The County of record at that time was Tryon I believe.

There was also a reference to what appears to be a town or settlement; it is an old hand-written document, but seems to read " Wynamick"

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Tim Frank