I am trying to flesh out the structure of the reservation school system in
New York State.  Each reservation had a number of schools with the Thomas
Indian School as the central institution.  Operation of the schools fell
under the Department of Public Instruction which became the Department of
Education.  I am looking for any information on secondary literature dealing
specifically with New York.  These were on-reservation schools and were
under state control.  I haven't had any luck to this point with secondary
sources.  Any assistance/suggestions are appreciated.

Russell V. Combs Jr.
Ph.D. Program
Dept. of History
SUNY-Albany