At 12:37 PM 1/25/00 -0500, you wrote: >>>> I am looking for a organization or ideas that will help a local historical society find usable cast off computers. This very small society serves the town Brutus in central NY and lives off others throw aways. Right now they are using a 286 DOS machine. Help! Mike [log in to unmask] <<<<<<<< Hi there: Start by looking in your own backyard. Contact Greg Hinman of Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES and see if they can help. Next, move on to CCC- probably the Computer Science dept. If all that fails maybe Cayuga-Onondaga can contact the other RICs. I know there are organizations that act as clearinghouses for unloved computers. If you fail to find them via an Internet search, maybe try some of the instuctional development/ technology organizations that your local BOCES folks belong to. Hope that helps... regards, Greg Ketcham webmaster, "Drums Along The Mohawk: the American Revolution on the New York Frontier" http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/4171