Kenneth Jackson's Encyclopedia of New York City might be a good place to
start. I think they have a entry for the Flatiron/Fuller building, and you
could work backwards.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [ mailto:[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 5:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tallest New Yyork City Buildings

I am trying to write a time line of the tallest New York City building.

The first significant building was Trinity Church. But I don't know what
buildings filled in the sequence until the Flatiron Building was erected.
With the Flatiron Building the sequence follows;
Flatiron
New York Life Tower
Singer
Wollworth
Chrysler
Empire State
World Trade (Tower One)

Can anyone help me fill in the sequence before the Flatiron.

Thank you.

Jim Maguire