NYHIST-L Archives

May 1999

From:
Bill Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 22:16:28 -0400
There is a pretty decent history of the French Canadians by an American
named Mason Wade. I borrowed the first volume (goes through 1911) from the
Schenectady COunty Library and found it quite informative. I don't recall
the 'Traversy' name, but I do recall discussions of French Canadian
uprising(s) against the British during that time period. You can probably
get the book, or others pertaining to the same subject, through
inter-library loan if your local library doesn't have them.

If anyone does have specific information, I'd be interested also - so
please respond to Mr. Couture's request on-list.

Bill Carr
Ballston Lake, NY