NYHIST-L Archives

August 2008

From:
Paul Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:25:57 -0400
The Underground Railroad, Its Legacies, and Our Communities

The Planning Committee of the Eighth Underground Railroad (UGR) History
Conference is soliciting brief proposals for presentations, panels, and
workshops that address the above theme.  Proposals should be made for a
60-minute workshop session, for a poster session or exhibition, or for
a cultural/artistic activity.

We ask that all proposals allow for significant audience interaction.
And, while we urge that proposals focus on the conference theme, we
also invite proposals on other important topics concerning Underground
Railroad history. See the full call for proposals document at:
www.ugrworkshop.com.

The Eighth Annual UGR History Conference will be held at College Park,
Union College, Schenectady, NY, on February 27-28, 2009.  It is
sponsored by the Underground Railroad History Project of the Capital
Region, Inc.

For more information, please contact us at 518-432-4432, the addresses
printed below, or consult our web site at http://www.ugrworkshop.com/

Proposals should be submitted to the planning committee by September
30, 2008 at:
Mail - URHPCR, PO Box 10851, Albany NY 12201
Email - [log in to unmask]