NYHIST-L Archives

March 2003

Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:18:12 -0500
Hello,

I made a wonderful discovery today that I want to share with
you all. The Saratoga Springs Public Library as well as other
libraries subscribe to AncestryPlus.  Many people doing
genealogical research subscribe to Ancestry.com. It is about
$60. a year but for $40. more you could have AncestryPlus. The
AncestryPlus includes the digital copies of all Federal census
records including the 1930 which was recently released. They have
tremendous databases which librarians and historians should
investigate. Believe me it is worth having but now that the libraries
have added that to the databases they subscribe to, the word needs
to get out so that not only genealogical community but others seeking
statistics will use their fantastic database.

We have discussed the pros and cons of preserving images and
the US Federal census for every state are all on CDs but this is
better because you can access them anyplace you can get onto the
Internet.

Am interested in hearing from any other repository that also has
the AncestryPlus available to the public.

God Bless
Ruth Ann Messick