NYHIST-L Archives

October 2000

From:
Edward Knoblauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:58:33 -0500
Dear Scott and list,

On the comprehensive bibliography for New York History:
The Encyclopedia of New York State is collecting bibliographical information
on every one its 4000+ entries. No entry is accepted without a bibliography.
The print edition of the encyclopedia will have a select bibliography for
every entry; the electronic edition will have as complete a bibliography as
possible. Some Encyclopedia entries (think of "abolitionism," "American
Revolutionary War," or "Colonial New York") have bibliographies that are
far, far longer than the entry itself. This is but one of the many
collateral benefits of the Encyclopedia project.

On the Rochester History web site:
New York History Net didn't have a link to it because we missed it. Don't
know how, or why it hasn't been brought to our attention before, but that
doesn't matter. We missed it, shouldn't have, but it is now on the front
page of New York History Net. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Edward Knoblauch
Managing Editor, The Encyclopedia of New York State
<http://encyclopedianys.syr.edu/>
Webmaster, New York History Net <http://www.nyhistory.com/>