From:
Bonnie Glickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:33:09 -0700
Linda Crannell wrote:

> Just found this on the internet. Does anyone have any more information about this woman? Has anyone read the book? Thanks, Linda
>
> For some interesting reading:
>
> An Uncommon Soldier: The Civil War Letters of Sarah
>  Rosetta Wakeman, alias Private Lyons Wakeman, 153rd...

Yes to both - I got my copy (paperback) at the Border's here in
Rochester, on Hylan Drive.  I like it and have several friends who
want to read it and they aren't especially into the Civil War!

BTW, also at our Border's, there's a "Civil War Forum" group that's
been meeting the 4th Wednesday of each month in the cafe'.  I think
it starts at 7 PM.  Book reviews, search information, costume &
weapons, etc.  They usually list it in CITY newspaper in both the
Events section and in their weekly ads. I don't know if they meet
through the summer but I can find out.

How about discussion of similar groups across NY? - Civil War and
others - I know I'd travel a bit to go to an interesting lecture.
Also, if you are a lecturer, I'd like to know your topics, fees,
etc., and I think it would be interesting to the group, especially
when we are looking for meeting programs!

Sample formats:

Civil War Forum, Border's, Rochester NY
4th Wednesday's except summer
Contact: Bonnie Glickman <[log in to unmask]>

Civil War topics related to medicine & surgery
Sam Peabody <[log in to unmask]>  Phone: 315-555-5555
Syracuse NY
Usual fee: $25 plus travel expenses (negotiable)

What you you all think?

Bonnie Glickman, Rochester