NYHIST-L Archives

March 2001

From:
Greg Ketcham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:00:58 -0500
At 08:22 PM 3/13/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I am trying to recall where a particularly wonderful old tavern was located
>in the Mohawk Valley but have drawn an absolute blank.  It was in the
>beginning stages of being fixed up when I last saw it a about 1990 and I am
>wondering what ever happened to it (I also need a reference for some
>research I am doing).

Dan:
That sounds like the one at the Fort Klock Historic Restoration, which I
know has incorporated an old inn/tavern into their property. I don't see it
on their site:
http://www.global2000.net/fortklock/

but I have pictures I shot of the inn, which is now a bright yellow color.
It's adjacent to the Fort Klock site, same side of the road.

regards,
Greg

Greg Ketcham
webmaster,
"Drums Along The Mohawk: the American Revolution on the New York Frontier"
http://www.nyhistory.net/~drums