NYHIST-L Archives

August 2001

From:
Tom Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:51:28 -0400
See if they can be given to the Historical Society.

In each and every case, original records should never be destroyed until
and unless they have been compared to the originals and found to be
accurate copies in all respects.  St. Lawrence County and Clinton
County  (NY) court houses have found that microfilming has been terrible
in providing readable copies.

Perhaps publicity would give the powers that be second thoughts.

Tom