From:
Melissa Jerreld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:18:49 -0400
It's Melissa again.  I would like to thank those who have sent me some good
parent involvement ideas.  Someone named Cindy asked where I am located.  I
teach at Sharon Springs Central, which is in Schoharie County.  Genesee
County is quite a distance from here.  Cindy added that "we just did that
whole schtick."  What are you referring to?  Family history project?  If so,
please let me know what worked, what didn't work, etc.  I realize that there
are many non-traditional families out there, but it is very important that
children take pride in themselves and their family, no matter what it
consists of.  Therefore, I feel as if a family history project would be
beneficial.

The Town of Sharon is celebrating its Bicentennial throughout 1997.  Does
anyone have interesting ideas that would involve parents/families?  We
already did a LARGE birthday party, and our Founder's Day celebration was
earlier this month, but I'm looking to extend the celebration into the next
school year.  Again, I appreciate any ideas that you have to offer.