NYHIST-L Archives

January 2001

From:
Bob Huddleston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:39:22 -0700
William Thorndale and William Dollarhide, _Map Guide to the U.S. Federal
Censuses, 1790-1920_ (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1987) provides
state maps divided by county for each of the census years. The historical
maps are overlaid on a map showing the current divisions.

I do not know the price but I bought my copy at the National Archives book
store several years ago and when I was there in October they were still
selling it. Check nara.gov for their telephone number. You can also e-mail
them at [log in to unmask]

Take care,

Bob

Judy and Bob Huddleston
10643 Sperry Street
Northglenn, CO  80234-3612

On 01/23/2001 (1:25:45 PM EST), Linda Crannell ([log in to unmask]) asked,

"Could anyone tell me the names of the then-current counties through which
the canal system ran as of November 1824? I am exploring the relationship
between the course of the canal system and the designation as
exempt/non-exempt counties in the law which established the statewide system
of county poorhouses. Any assistance would be appreciated."

Walter Greenspan