NYHIST-L Archives

July 2002

Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 06:27:42 -0400

                          9th Annual
                ANCESTOR CONNECTION DAY
                 Saturday, July 20, 2002  -  8am to 3:30pm
                           4H Training Center
                    Middle Line Rd. - Off Rt. 67
                             Ballston Spa, NY

               PUBLIC WELCOME     -       NO CHARGE

Join the members and friends of Heritage Hunters in a great day
of sharing of genealogy and history.  This will be at the 4H Training
Center on Middle Line Rd,  Ballston Spa, NY (right off Rt.67) from
8am to 4pm on Saturday, July 20, 2002.

                        DIRECTIONS
Take Exit 12 off Rt. 87 (the Northway) and follow Rt. 67 west. You
will connect with  Rt 50 North and travel for a short distance through
the village of Ballston Spa. At the intersecton where Rt 67 turns left
and leaves Rt. 50 there will be a YELLOW sign on a pole for you to
turn left           <----ANCESTOR CONNECTION DAY  <-----
Right after you pass the Ballston Spa Country Club and Golf Course,
which is on the left, there is a traffic light. You will turn right here
onto
Middle Line Rd.  Watch for another YELLOW sign at intersection of
Rt. 67 & Middle Line Rd.   ---->ANCESTOR CONNECTION DAY ---->
A short distance down the road is the 4H Training Center on the
right. It sets back a ways from the road.

There will be displays by organizations such as the National
Archives Branch of Pittsfield, MA, DAR, SAR, Mayflower, genealogy
groups, historians and loads of books and materials to research.
Groups, speakers, and displays that are genealogy-history related
are welcome to join us. There is no charge to anyone.  Table space
may be limited so you might need to bring your own table. There
will be some speakers in an adjacent room.  Speaker's still needed
for 1 hour programs. This is a great place to promote museums,
repositories, and historical societies that are outside of Saratoga
County.  If you cannot attend, please send brochures or handouts
for our information area. Sharing information is what this day is all
about. We welcome reenactors and craft persons to give
demonstations, inside and outdoors.

        RESEARCH MATERIALS AVAILABLE

If you are just getting started or need help, come see us.  We have
the answers to a lot of questions. Check out our library while you're
there.  Make an alphabetical list of your ancestors and browse
records at the tables. Bring your records and materials to share
with others.

Visit our Saratoga County GenWebPage for Saratoga & surrounding
area genealogical Information:   <http://www.rootsweb.com/~nysarato/>

For more information or if you would like a display space, contact
Ruth Ann Messick 518-587-5852 or E-mail <[log in to unmask]>

                        Sponsored by
                Heritage Hunters of Saratoga County
                        PO Box 1389
                Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-0884