From:
Melissa Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:13:15 EDT
The map mentioned is part of VNA, Virtual New Amsterdam, a project conceived
on a Dutch Colony list of GenWeb.  Each of the buildings is clickable and
shows the names of building owners and occupants, as complete as possible.

The VNA is nonprofit and is attempting to complete more areas of New York
State in the future.  Anyone who is interested in volunteering to do
research, programming, etc., should follow directions on the map.

Melissa Simmons

David Allen wrote:
      I took a look at Peter Spier's map posted on Mr. Teachout's web site.
It
turns out that his map is a redrawing of "The Castello Plan."  Information
about
The Castello Plan can be found in Paul Cohen's excellent Manhattan in Maps,
and
in I.N. Phelps Stokes venerable Iconography of Manhattan Island.