NYHIST-L Archives

November 1999

From:
"Marla A. Bennett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:29:46 -0500
Yes. There is a site that provides data, state by state, county by county
for 1790-1970. Use the US Historical Documents Browser at
http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/census/
<http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/census/>

According to the text on the site:

"Data for this site originate in ICPSR study number 0003, 'Historical
Demographic, Economic and Social Data: The United States,
1790-1970.' The data were collected, keypunched and error checked by ICPSR
staff under a grants from the National Science
 Foundation. The selection of data to be included in the data set was
carried out under guidelines developed by the American Historical
Association. Data sources for the complete data set include US Decennial
Censuses and sources such as the US Department of
Agriculture, and the National Council of Churches of Christ of the United
States."
Happy data hunting,

Dr. Marla A. Bennett
Coordinator, ESF Honors Program
Sr. Staff Assistant, Office of Instruction & Graduate Studies
227 Bray Hall
State University of New York
College of Environmental Science & Forestry
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
(315) 470-6599
FAX (315) 470-6978