NYHIST-L Archives

November 2013

From:
Robert Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:54:13 -0500
For Gigi Zeitler, it was like divine intervention.

After years of toying with the idea of converting a church into a
home, she came to Middle Granville to see if Our Lady of Mount Carmel
felt right.

“I drove up to it, and it just knocked me out. To me it was like the
skies opened up, and angels were singing and harps were playing. I
knew this was going to work,” she said. Since the closing of the
property Valentine’s Day 2011, Zeitler has been renovating the former
Catholic church into a living space.

<http://manchesternewspapers.com/2013/11/13/former-church-transformed-home/>

--
Bob Sullivan