NYHIST-L Archives

July 1999

From:
Densmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:06:14 -0400
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Michael R Hunter wrote:

> Historians:
>
>                             While researching the history of the NY
> State Fairgrounds I found an article in the jan 1910 issue of
the brickbuilder highlighting the plans for the permanent buildings drawn
up by the firm of Green &  Wicks architects.

Try the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society. They have the papers
of the E.B. Green architectural firms. The Birchfield Center in Buffalo
had a Green exhibit in 1997, with a nice exhibition catalog edited by
Gerald C. Mead, Jr., E.B. GREEN: BUFFALO'S ARCHITECT.  I didn't see
anything on the NY Fairground in a quick look at the catalog, but there is
mention of Green and Wicks relations with Frederick Law Olmsted and John
Olmsted concerning parks in Buffalo.

Christopher Densmore
University Archives
University at Buffalo