NYHIST-L Archives

September 2001

Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:29:55 EDT
At the top of the New York Correction History Society home page
http://www.correctionhistory.org
<A HREF="http://www.correctionhistory.org/">NY Correction History Society</A>
I have crafted and posted an animated half-mast flag and scrolling lines of
WTC scene-related text to which I want to link a page about correction
personnel involved, either among the rescue/recovery workers or among the
victims and victims' kin.

NYC DOC personnel have been involved in the rescue/recovery, many performing
major roles in operating the temporary morgue.

If you know of personnel from your agency (or former agency), or from a
brother correction agency, likewise involved (as victims, survivors, kin,
workers), please send me an e-mail reply about it.

While history is always happening, our awareness of that truth is not always
so painfully acute as in these days of horror and heroism. Therefore, our
history society's home page mentioning correctional personnel in these tragic
circumstances seems entirely appropriate.

Thomas C. McCarthy
general secretary,
New York Correction History Society
http://www.correctionhistory.org