NYHIST-L Archives

April 2001

From:
gerard Koeppel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:01:21 -0400
I'm writing a book for Doubleday on the building of the (original) Erie Canal
and am very interested in hearing from anyone who knows of unpublished
firsthand accounts by or about laborers, contractors, engineers, or local
residents up to 1825. I'm familiar with much of the printed/published and/or
online materials and would appreciate any directions toward specific archival
or privately-held materials. Thanks
Gerard Koeppel
15 West 11th St
NYC 10011