NYHIST-L Archives

April 2001

From:
Kinney Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:17:13 -0400
For anyone in the region, the New Jersey Historic Preservation Office invites you to attend our 2001 Annual Conference on Saturday, May 5th.

This year's conference theme, Open Spaces - Historic Places, focuses on the challenges and opportunites of preserving historic landscapes.

Additional information is availble on our website:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/hpo/4sustain/conf.htm

Pre-registration is available by calling Genevieve Guzman at 609-984-0543

The conference will be held at Monmouth University, in West Long Branch, New Jersey. Monmouth University is located on one of New Jersey's premier designed landscapes. It is the former estate of Hubert Parson, President of F.W. Woolworth Co., who described Shadowlawn as "the Versailles of America."

This year's keynote speaker is Rick Darke a landscape and garden consultant and author of In Harmony With Nature, Lessons Learned From the Arts & Crafts Garden.

Also featured this year will be Robert Page, Director, Olmstead Center for Landscape Preservation who will provide an Introduction to Understanding the Landscape.

We look forward to seeing you there!