NYHIST-L Archives

November 2002

From:
Phil Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:32:17 -0500
I have a question from the field, and am hoping someone has the answer.

The inquiry reads as follows:  "My ancestor's military records say he
mustered out of service in the Revolutionary War 'near Soldiers of Fortune,
NY'.  I have been unable to find it on any map.  Can you please tell me if
there was such a place as 'Soldiers of Fortune, NY' and where it was
located."

Can't wait to hear back.

Phil

Philip Lord, Jr.