NYHIST-L Archives

November 1999

From:
Mary Prendergast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:41:06 EST
In researching the history of a silk mill in Stirling, NJ, we have come
across a postcard said to show the interior of a mill in Stirling--but
written on the card is "Weaving--Quilling--Warping, Onondaga Silk Co., Inc.,
Oct. 1930."  We can find no record of Onondaga's presence in NJ in 1930.  The
company was incorporated in Syracuse NY in 1925 and existed at least until
the death of its founder, Philip Vogelman, in 1973, when the company was
headquartered in NYC.   Can anyone tell me where I might find records showing
where the company's mills were in 1930?
Mary Prendergast
Morris Co. Heritage Commission