NYHIST-L Archives

January 2001

Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:22:03 -0500
Mr. Lord,
There is an operating water wheel driven grist mill near Howe's Caverns.
Unfortunately I can not remember the name of the place but it is on the
same road. The mill as it stands today is 19th century but it is built
on an 18th century foundation. It was burned in the Destructive Raids of
1778-1781. The gentleman who owns it is very knowledgeable about that
type of thing. The hamlet it is in has a German name. Wish I could be of
more help but it is a start.

R. Miner