NYHIST-L Archives

October 2000

From:
Wayne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:42:41 GMT
Dear Reed,
The answers already posted are excellent. I'd just like to add a thought
about manuscript collections in general and one in particular. You mention
having searched at the Library of Congress. Did you follow their links to a
database they host, NUCMC. The National Union Catalog of Manuscript
Collections might direct you to the archives of organizations that
sponsored shows, individuals involved in such enterprises, or perhaps folks
who were collectors of related memorabilia. The other place you might want
to look is in the Special Collections of the New York Public Library. I
believe they participate in NUCMC and know they are members of OCLC, so you
might get references to appropriate collections there, but it might also be
worth visiting or otherwise contacting them directly.
Wayne Miller