NYHIST-L Archives

October 2003

From:
Walter Greenspan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:30:13 EDT
Dear NYS Historians,

Can anyone help Dot ([log in to unmask]) in her quest to  find a listing of
soldiers of Fort William Henry about mid 1750's?

Dot writes, "I am lead to believe that an ancestor was a soldier at Fort
William Henry or 'was in the Indian massacre at Fort William Henry'.  I have seen
the wonderful write-up on the subject in the internet, but there are not
"common" soldiers listed."

You can reply to this list and I'll forward the answer to Dot, or you can
reply directly to Dot.

Either way:  thank you.

L'Shannah Tovah* & Happy 5764,

Walter Greenspan

* L'Shanah Tovah (li-SHAH-nuh TOH-vuh; li-shah-NAH toh-VAH)
Hebrew. Lit. for a good year. A common greeting during Rosh Hashanah and Days
of Awe. It is an abbreviation of L'shanah tovah tikatev v'taihatem (May you
be inscribed and sealed for a good year).