NYHIST-L Archives

April 2005

From:
Linda Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:44:09 -0500
The world did not come to an end at the new millennium, but did the
20th century museum? There have been many changes in the world over the
last few years, and many organizations are struggling to find a new
path in it. Is attendance still the best measure of success? How do
museums find their place in busy school and family schedules? What role
does tradition place in changing museums and communities? How will new
technologies change our exhibitions and programs? How do we encourage
diversity in museum staff, volunteers and visitors? As the world
changes at an even faster pace, so will museums. At this year’s
UHA/MANY Annual Conference we will be examining how museums are keeping
pace with changes in society, and what the future may hold for museums
and the communities they serve.

The UHA/MANY conference is the largest gathering of museum
professionals and volunteers in the state. Each year it brings together
a diverse array of individuals from all types and sizes of museums,
historical societies and other cultural organizations. We are excited
to be holding this year’s conference in Rochester, home to a large
number of exciting museums, including our main host, the Rochester
Museum and Science Center. We invite you to join your colleagues in a
rich discussion of the ways in which we can reach to the next generation

For more information about the UHA/MANY Annual Conference, including
the conference schedule and registration form, please visit
www.upstatehistory.org or call 800.895.1648.
Best Regards,

Jenny Rosenzweig
Program Coordinator