NYHIST-L Archives

April 1999

From:
Aymes Marc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:08:41 +0200
Hello everybody,
        This is a message from France (apologies for the possible
mistakes, my English is far from being perfect), where a brand new
journal, named Labyrinthe, is born. What is Labyrinthe ? It is published
by Maisonneuve et Larose, a french academic publisher. The journal
publishes studies written by young researchers (up to Ph.D included),
whatever the matter they study. As a matter of fact, Labyrinthe is
interdisciplinary : we try to publish articles on a same theme from
various points of view. In the long term, our final objective is to
publish collective articles, written by several authors who would have met
thanks to the journal and to the association that is behind it. Moreover,
the journal aims at being as well a scientific one, based on well-grounded
research works, as a journal for the general public (which implies a
relative popularization of the purpose). Basically the journal is a
French-speaking one, but translation of foreign contributions may easily
be contemplated.
        Personally, I am more particularly in charge of historical
contributions, in the broad sense of the term. If you are interested, or
think someone you know would be, please do not hesitate to contact me. I
will give you any further information you may demand.
        Hope to hear from you soon.

        Marc AYMES
        92, bd Jourdan
        75014 PARIS