NYHIST-L Archives

September 2002

From:
NYHISTLED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:34:46 -0400
NOTE to NYHIST-L subscribers:  Following is the full message from Douglas Scott Treado responding to Ruth Piwonka's inquiry about Romani people in the Hudson Valley. A truncated version of Mr. Treado's message was mistakenly sent to the list.  Sorry!

Moderator, NYHIST-L

Ruth-
We recently microfilmed newspapers for the Madison County Historical Society in Oneida, NY.  These newspapers included dates going back to the mid-19th century.  You might contact them.

P.S.  Although Madison County is a bit west of the Hudson, I thought perhaps some intrastate migration might fit the Gypsy mode, and that there may be some information there in Madison County...

Douglas Scott Treado, MA
Project & Sales Manager
Challenge Industries Microfilm
402 East State Street