NYHIST-L Archives

March 2001

From:
History & Archives <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:05:36 -0800
Dan,

When you say on the north side, do you mean the north side of the Mohawk
River, or the north side of Route 5?  I believe the tavern you are
talking about is the Nellis Tavern (north side of the River, but the
south side of Route 5).  That is located on the outskirts of ST.
Johnsville, which is the village east of Little FAlls.  It is being
restored by the Palatine Settlement Society, and restoration was begun
before 1990.  Dates for the tavern are given as 1747-1897 as the Nellis
family business.  The phone # is 518-568-2952, open July & August,
Sundays 1-5 and also by appointment.  Hope this helps.

Kelly A. Yacobucci
Montgomery Co. Historian/RMO
Dept. of History & Archives
Old Courthouse, P.O. Box 1500