NYHIST-L Archives

October 2003

From:
Raymond LaFever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:34:28 -0400
This request from the producers of "History Detectives" on PBS was on
the Archives listserv - I thought I would pass it on for anyone that
wants to respond to this request:

"History Detectives" is a PBS series about the discovery, documentation
and preservation of historic American buildings and artifacts. We are
presently looking for story ideas for our second season.

Archives and archivists were a valuable and necessary part of our first
season, and that is why I am posting a request for story ideas on this
site.  I have included the url below to the PBS web page that describes
stories we produced last season. The goal of our program is to do an
enlightening research investigation that stems from a genuine question
that someone has about an historical object or building.

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/archive/index.html

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.  I can be reached at
[log in to unmask] Thank you for your time and consideration of my
request.

Lucy Blackburn
Associate Producer
Lion Television