NYHIST-L Archives

April 2002

From:
Wayne Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:30:04 -0400
Dear Bill,
According to WorldCat, Syracuse U. holds The Rural New Yorker, though
you'll have to check their catalog (online) for exact holdings. Other
libraries in the region showing holdings include Rochester Public,
Cornell,  the SUNY tech colleges at Cobbleskill and Alfred, and the State
 Library. These all show it in 'hard' copy. There are also microfilm
copies out there that would be easier to borrow if you are unable to visit
one of the holding libraries in person.

Wayne Miller
Plattsburgh STate

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Bill Casey wrote:

> Hi Folks: I am looking for a library in the Syracuse area, that might have
> copies of the Rural New Yorker for the year 1908.  When published, this was a
> large volume magazine read by many in agriculture.  This request is from the
> family of the magazine owner, John J. Dillon.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Casey
> Ag historian
> PO Box 36
> Apulia Station, NY 13020
> 315 683-5674

Wayne L. Miller                         Special Collections Librarian
Feinberg Library                        2 Draper Avenue
518-564-5206                            Plattsburgh, NY 12901
[log in to unmask]      or             [log in to unmask]
        "I wonder what will happen today!"  -Maggie Muggins-
"Not even God can change history...which is why he tolerates historians."
                                        -Voltaire