From:
Patricia Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:24:49 -0400
They will have better luck finding online information if they use his
correct middle initial, A. for Alan. By entering "Chester A. Arthur" at
google.com you will get more than 8,400 hits including the White House web
site http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/ca21.html which has a
biographical sketch that says Arthur was born in Fairfield, VT in 1829.