From:
Bonnie Glickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 02:24:29 -0700
I JUST discovered the the "Find A Grave" website (http://www.findagrave.com/),
and GUESS who's listed???

>    * Ludington, Sybil.
>      US Civil War Hero.
>      buried at: Patterson Baptist Church, Patterson, New York.

According to my trusty Delorme Guide, Carmel NY (statue site) and Patterson NY
(burial site) are only about 5 miles apart...  HOWEVER, note that "Find A
Grave" lists her as a Civil War hero and the original request from Mr. Lord
said she was in the Revolution...

Bonnie Glickman, Rochester, NY
Bob Arnold wrote:

> There is a statue to Sybil Ludington in Carmel, near the County Courthouse. It would be worth contacting the Putnam County Historian.

> I took a phone inquiry from a Texas publisher trying to verify the existence and historic association of this woman (either spelling) who may have
undertaken a ride to warn of a British advance in either Massachusetts or New
York during the Revolution...