NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:20:07 EDT
I have read numerous references to the two "wives" of Sir William, and some
say he was legally married to Catherine, others say he was not.   I don't
believe that the union with Molly Brandt was ever "formalized" per English
standards.  I am not a historian but have done considerable reading about
this area and era.

Mary Slack Maynard

Researching
Slack, Gregory, Hopper, Bigelow/Bigalow,  Nichols, Dunning, Mead, Fish in NY
and New England
Perry in CT
Nash, Maginn/McGinn, Donahue, Vokes in NY and Ireland,
Aird and Crombie in NY and Scotland
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that
Benjamin Franklin said it first.
Thank you St. Jude and St. Therese, the Little Flower, for favors received.