NYHIST-L Archives

July 2000

From:
"Burch, Wanda (SAR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:11:20 -0400
The Butler house is on Switzer Hill Road [the name of the road that descends
steeply], and it is actually in Fonda and much more accessible via Fonda
than Johnstown.  It is owned by Cynthia Lang, who is very gracious about
visitors and photographers.  The descendants of this branch of Butlers still
visit Butlersbury [the name of the house and original estate]--most of them
live in Canada and come to upstate New York to visit their original homesite
quite frequently.